Do you have a good idea for a satire article?
You think you have what it takes to write a satire article people will like? Well, show us what you’ve got! Just fill out the form on the next page, and your article will be submitted to the Editor-in-Chief for review!
… But there are some rules you need to follow
- Killing People Isn’t Okay:
- We will not publish satire which depicts or implies that we endorse the death/assassination of any living public figure.
- Keep it Clean … ish:
- Feel free to push the envelope of political correctness, but excessive vulgarity will not be accepted.
- Don’t be a douche:
- We will not publish satire which may be disrespectful to the victims of recent mass tragedies (i.e. Terrorist Attacks, mass shootings, etc. — Goddamn … are we really at a point where we just make rules around accepting the fact that mass killings are going to be a regular occurrence? That’s super depressing.)
- Make shurr u english gud:
- You need to write well! We have no problem correcting minor mistakes in grammar, spelling, and mechanics. However, if there’s too much, we’ll just have to reject it.
- Summon Your Inner Carl Bernstein <– (Google It):
- It needs to sound like a news story. What can we say. That’s our schtick …